One child from every class is chosen by their peers to be part of the school council.
If you are chosen to be on the school council you will:
- get a special pin badge to wear on your school uniform so everyone in school knows you are in school council
- attend a school council meetings
- discuss ideas on ways to make the school better
- interview school governors for the newsletter
- take part in local/national competitions and events e.g. designing the walk to school badge, the big bird watch
- be responsible for the buddy bus stops in the school playground and if a child is standing there it is your job to ask if they want to play with you
- pass on information to your class
- involve your class in making decisions/thinking of ideas e.g party food, party games.