Home Page

Special Educational Needs and Disabilities

 Parent Workshops


We do not currently have any workshops planned. Please check back for further updates.





At Lound Academy we believe in an inclusive education for all children.


Every class teacher has responsibility for all the children in their class who have special educational needs. They work closely with the Special Educational Needs Coordinator (SENCO) to plan the best provision for the children.


In the infants the SENCO is Catherine Cotterill. You can follow her on twitter

In the juniors the SENCO is Louise Foster. You can follow her on twitter

Children’s strengths are highlighted and their views and aspirations are important. We also work closely with parents, carers and professional partners to discuss every aspect of children’s needs.


Please read the documents below to find out more about how children with special educational needs are supported at Lound.


If you have any questions about special educational needs please contact your child’s class teacher, the SENCO or a member of the leadership team.


If you wish to complain about the support that your child has been offered by the school in respect of their Special Educational Needs or Disability, we would hope to be able to deal with that informally through discussion with class teachers or the Special Needs Coordinator - please get in touch with them.  If that doesn't resolve the issue we have details of our full complaints procedure on the website in Key Information/Policies. If your complaint relates to decisions concerning a child's Education Health Care Plan you may be able to appeal through the SEN Tribunal process, please click on the website links below for advice.